A God fearing, healthy and culturally united Loita Maasai community with the capacity to ensure the livelihood security of all its members, sustainably, equitably & justly.
We equip and empower local communities groups to set a development agenda and become leaders of transformation.
ilkerin loita at a glance
Area of operation
This is in Loita Division, Narok County, Rift Valley Province, Kenya & consists of:
- Total area 1,700 km2
- 1 administrative division (Loita division)
- 5 locations & 9 sub locations
28,000 Loita Maasai pastoralists are the primary target group of ILIDP
- 6 Pastoralists Community Development Associations (PCDAs)
- 2,180 households
- 35 women’s groups
- 1 Women Council
- 1 Council of Elders
- 2 Livestock Traders Cooperative Society
- 1 umbrella Youth Association
- 15 youth groups
- 18 schools and school committees
Facts in Figures
- Target Group Population: 28,000 semi-nomadic pastoralists.
- Area of operation: 17,000sq km
- Partner Grass root organizations: 6 CBOs known as the Pastoralists Community Development Associations (PCDAs)
- Settlements: 60 Imurua
- Indirect Direct Group Population: 70,000 pastoralists in neighboring divisions.